Adding a User
If you have Administrator-level access, you can add users to break up tasks, define roles, and control access to Backlot. Your account type must support multiple users.
Note: Email addresses are unique across all Ooyala users. An email address can be associated with only one account at a time. If you want to use an email address that is already in use, you will first need to remove it from the other account and contact Ooyala Support before you can add it to a new user account.
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Click the ACCOUNT tab.
- Click the User Management subtab.
- Click New User.
- Enter the user's name and email address.
- Select permissions for the user.
- Click Add & Notify New User. Backlot UI creates the account (including a unique API Key and API secret for this user) and sends an invitation to the new user’s email address. After the user receives the invitation, he or she can create a password and make changes to the contact information. If you want to modify the user's contact information, such as adding address and phone details, see Editing User Settings.