Managing Publishing Rules (Deprecated)
After you create a channel, you can specify any publishing rules. If both a video and a channel have publishing rules, Backlot evaluates both rule sets for each video and uses the more restrictive settings.
Note: Channels and channel sets have been deprecated and are scheduled to be disabled. For details and alternatives, see the OVP Release Notes.
To manage publishing rules:
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Open the MANAGE page. The MANAGE page opens with a list of content.
- To only view channels, select CHANNEL under CONTENT TYPES in the left pane.
- Select a channel.
- Click the Syndication tab.
Select from the following:
- To use a set of publishing rules that you already configured, select Use default flight times from syndication group and select the publishing rules group from the GROUP list box.
- To specify a range when the content con play, select Specific Range and select a range.
- To specify a recurring period when the content con play, select Recurring and select when the content can run.