Adding a Live Audio Stream (Deprecated)
In addition to streaming live video, you can also stream live audio.
For the highest quality streaming, specify the encoder URL at the location from which you are broadcasting and make sure that you have enough dedicated bandwidth to encode and serve all of your live streams.
To add a live audio stream in Backlot:
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Click ADD CONTENT and select LIVE STREAM. The Create Live Stream dialog box appears.
- Select AUDIO from the Type list box.
- Enter the live streaming URL in the URL field (e.g., http://oggvorbis.tb-stream.net/technobase.ogg).
- Click OK. The live stream is added to Backlot.
- To embed the audio stream, click the MANAGE page, select the newly created audio stream, and click its Embed tab. Then, click Copy to Clipboard and paste the embed code where you would like to embed the stream.
- Open the newly created web page. The audio player plays the live audio stream.