Managing Channel Details (Deprecated)
After you create a channel, you can configure metadata and specify a player.
Note: Channels and channel sets have been deprecated and are scheduled to be disabled. For details and alternatives, see the OVP Release Notes.
To manage details:
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Open the MANAGE page. The MANAGE page opens with a list of content.
- To only view channels, select CHANNEL under CONTENT TYPES in the left pane.
- Select a channel.
- To change the name of the channel, make any changes in the TITLE field.
- To change the description, make any changes in the DESCRIPTION field.
- Click the Embed tab.
- Specify the URL where the content is embedded in the Permalink where content is embedded field (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/mychannel01).
- Select the player in which the channel displays from the Custom Player list box. This player will override the player settings of any videos within the channel whenever the channel is accessed.
- Select whether the channel selector appears on the left, right, or not at all from the Channel Placement list box.
- Select whether the channel starts with a preview image or the channel selector from the Start Channel With list box.
- After a video plays, the player can automatically display the next video or the channel selector. Select an option from the Channel Transition list box.