Analytics in Player V4
To report playback statistics for analytics, use any of the analytics plugins that integrate with Player V4.
Analytics PluginsYou can use the following analytics plugins.
- Adobe Analytics (Omniture) Plugin
- comScore Analytics Plugin
- Conviva Analytics Plugin
- Google Analytics Plugin
- Nielsen Analytics Plugin
- YOUBORA Analytics Plugin
Run-time Playback FlowDuring playback, a playback event triggers notification about the event to the analytics provider.
RequirementsIf you want to track bitrate information for analytics purposes, you must use one of the following video plugins:
- Bitmovin plugin for DASH and HLS (bit_wrapper.min.js) (except HLS HTML5 in Safari)
- Akamai HD video plugin for Akamai packaged HDS (akamaiHD_flash.min.js)Note: The Akamai HD Video Plugin for Akamai Packaged HDS for Player V4 has been deprecated and is scheduled to be disabled. For details and alternatives, see the OVP Release Notes.
- OSMF Flash plugin for HDS (osmf_flash.min.js)Note: The OSMF Flash Video Plugin for HDS for Player V4 has been deprecated and is scheduled to be disabled. For details and alternatives, see the OVP Release Notes.