Welcome to Video Advertising Documentation
Optimise your ad revenue and make the most of your growing audience with Ooyala Video Adverstising Products. Ooyala’s ad management and programmatic trading tools are designed specifically to help broadcasters and publishers run their video ad businesses. For an overview, see Video Advertising.
Revised Ooyala Pulse REST API Developer Guide
In the new REST API developer guide, we have restructured the information in a more meaningful and logical flow to reflect a typical workflow used in the Pulse user interface:
- Account Management: set up your Pulse account, which is a must before creating ad campaigns.
- Campaign Management: after the account is set up, your ad operators are able to create and manage ad campaigns.
- Forecasting: after a two week period of running your campaigns, your sales have data to forecast on your campaigns and inventory, so they are able to compose better sales packages for your advertisers.
- Analytics: after running ad campaigns, your accounting team is able to extract reports for reconciliation and your analysts are able to report on trends in your inventory and success rates of your sales packages.
Defining and Assigning Insertion Policies
Insertion Policies in Pulse define the foundation of your ad serving settings, by setting the allowed ad formats, number of linear ads, behaviour of non-linear ads, and so on.
Previously, the insertion policies had to be defined for each combination of category, device container and content play length. In this scenario, you could have many duplicate insertion policies and maintenance of the insertion policies was tedious.
We have now decoupled the definition of an insertion policy from the Content Hierarchy in Pulse, which means that you can define an insertion policy once and reuse it as many times as necessary. When updating the insertion policy, all changes are automatically applied to all linked combinations of category, device container and content play length.
A new reporting tool, called Custom Reporting, is now available in Pulse. This reporting functionality utilises a new framework to allow for much more complex reporting than Insight. Instead of pre aggregating data, reports are scheduled and created on the fly. The result is a big increase in flexibility and range of data with the tradeoff of time to produce the report.
- Advanced invoicing and reconciliation reporting.
- Monthly financial revenue reports.
- Reports that are too complex to be created within Insight.
- Historical reporting, not already defined in Insight.
- Reports with dimensions and filters not supported by Insight.
- Getting advanced reports across all sales channels.
- Reporting on error related events.
- Combining many dimensions and filters.
- Reporting where no predefined report definitions exist.
Where to Find What
- User Guides for Ooyala Pulse and Ooyala Pulse SSP administrators, ad operations, traffic managers and sales and product managers:
- Developer Guides for developing and validating integrations between
your player and Ooyala Pulse for ad serving:
- Mandatory Validation Importance and Process for all integrations.
- Plugins for several video players.
- Pulse SDKs (high level SDKs) for HTML5, Android, iOS and tvOS.
- Ooyala Pulse Integration Toolkit (low level SDKs) for HTML5, Android (deprecated) and iOS (deprecated).
- VAST and VMAP for VAST and VMAP integrations.
- SDK reference documentation (both Pulse and Core SDKs).
- Samples integrations and documentation.
- Developer Guides for accessing and handling data in Ooyala Pulse:
- Ooyala Pulse REST API guides and examples.
- Ooyala Pulse REST API references:
- Release Notes for up-to-date information about Ooyala Video Advertising products:
- Ooyala Community for Video Advertising forum and knowledge base articles:
If you are looking for primers on using Ooyala's Video Advertising Products, we have a number of video tutorials with tips, tricks and how-tos. View the video tutorials at Ooyala Training Videos.