Create Insertion Policy
Note: If you are using only the old Ad Insertion Policy feature, please refer to Insertion Policies and Ad Insertion Policies.
- Hover over Settings and click on Insertion Policy.
- Click on New Insertion Policy. The following page opens up:
- Name: enter a meaningful name for the insertion policy (for example, "High ad load").
- Targeting settings:
- Tags: specify the tags to include. Press "Enter" after each tag
you add. Tags indicate a case-insensitive comma separated list of tags
targeted by the ad request. Using a comma (,) in the tag name is not
allowed. You can add up to 20 tags per one insertion policy. Contact
your Account Manager if you need to change the maximum number of tags
per insertion policy.Note: Insertion policies without any specified tags are currently not taken into consideration by the Pulse Distribution Engine.
- Tags: specify the tags to include. Press "Enter" after each tag you add. Tags indicate a case-insensitive comma separated list of tags targeted by the ad request. Using a comma (,) in the tag name is not allowed. You can add up to 20 tags per one insertion policy. Contact your Account Manager if you need to change the maximum number of tags per insertion policy.
- Policy settings:
- Spot types enabled: select between standard, interactive, or both.
- Pre-roll, Mid-roll, Post-roll, and Seek-roll: pre-roll, mid-roll,
post-roll, and seek-roll ads are disabled by default. If enabled:
- Configure position based breaks by selecting the maximum number of ad positions for each ad format per ad break. You can select from a range of 1 to 25 ad positions per ad break.
- Configure time based breaks by selecting to limit break
duration and entering the maximum amount of seconds you want the
ad break to last. For time based breaks, both maximum duration
and maximum number of ad positions have to be specified. The ad
break ends when it reaches the specified duration, or when all
its slots are filled, whichever happens first. The limitations of using time based breaks are:
Note: This feature needs to be enabled for your account. Contact your Account Manager if you want to use time based breaks.
- It guarantees that ad breaks are not longer than the time you set, but it does not guarantee the complete duration limit is filled with ads.
- Ads that are too long (exceed the defined duration limit of the break) are not eligible for time based breaks and will not get selected.
- The forecasting engine cannot always take time based breaks into account. For campaign simulations, we assume the goal always 'fits' within a time-limited break. Depending on the length of ads used in an actual campaign, the forecast could appear to show more available impressions than the campaign can actually deliver in a time-limited break.
- You have to specify the estimated duration of 3rd party ads to make them eligible for time based breaks. If the ad exceeds the duration limit of the break, it will not get selected.
- (Seek-roll only) Configure the minimum number of seek events that are needed to trigger a seek-roll break, from a range of 1 to 25 seek events.
- Pause ads enabled: enable or disable Pause ad functionality.
- In-Stream overlay enabled: in-stream overlay ads are disabled by
default. If enabled, configure the following:
- First insertion: the time when the first overlay impression appears. Choose on a scale from 5 to 60 seconds. The default setting is 20 seconds.
- Display for: the amount of time the overlay is visible before hiding it automatically. Choose on a scale from 5 to 30 seconds. The default setting is 15 seconds.
- New overlay every: the number of minutes that need to pass before a new overlay impression appears. Choose on a scale from 1 to 10 minutes. The default setting is 4 minutes.
- Time based frequency cap: select the minimum number of minutes
that have to pass before any linear ad can be shown to a viewer again.
You can select from a time range of zero to 10 minutes, or set it to 20,
30, 40, 50, or 60 minutes. Note: Sponsor goals are also affected by this cap.
- Skip button: select whether to show the skip ad button always,
after first unique view, or never.
Note: Campaigns, goals, and ads inherit the skip button settings defined in the insertion policy. You can override these settings on campaign, goal, or ad level. For more information, refer to Override Skip Ad Button Settings.
- Always: selecting this option allows you to set the amount of seconds, or the percentage of the ad, after which the skip button appears.
- After first unique view: selecting this option allows you
- Set the amount of seconds, or the percentage of the ad, after which the skip button appears.
- Reset view count after a certain time period. You can choose to reset on a scale from 1 to 48 hours.
- Never: selecting this option means that the skip button never appears.
- Click Create. This takes you back to the insertion policy overview page, where you can locate and edit all your existing insertion policies. When editing an insertion policy, click "Save" next to each modified field to save your changes. By default, you can create a maximum of 50 insertion policies for your Pulse account. Contact your Account Manager if you need to change the maximum number of insertion policies for your account.